Обсуждение: PG Admin

PG Admin

От
Bob Pawley
Дата:
Can anyone tell me why a table developed through the PG Admin interface isn't found by SQL when accessing it through the SQL interface??

Bob Pawley

Re: PG Admin

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 31/07/2007 16:55, Bob Pawley wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why a table developed through the PG Admin interface
> isn't found by SQL when accessing it through the SQL interface??

Hi Bob,

No reason that I can think of....can you describe *IN DETAIL* the steps
you followed and the result?

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: PG Admin

От
Luca Ferrari
Дата:
On Tuesday 31 July 2007 Bob Pawley's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why a table developed through the PG Admin interface
> isn't found by SQL when accessing it through the SQL interface??

Maybe it is a problem of case-sensitive names? Check in the table definition
of pgadmin is the table name is quoted (like in "myTable"). Nothing comes
into my head now.

Luca

Re: PG Admin

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
On 7/31/07, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why a table developed through the PG Admin interface
> isn't found by SQL when accessing it through the SQL interface??
>
> Bob Pawley

likely issues:
in the wrong schema
in the wrong database
in the wrong host :-)

merlin

Re: PG Admin

От
Andrei Kovalevski
Дата:
Bob Pawley wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why a table developed through the PG Admin
> interface isn't found by SQL when accessing it through the SQL interface??
>
> Bob Pawley
1) Are you sure you are connecting to the same database?
2) What kind of SQL interface you are using?

Andrei.