Обсуждение: Require entry of MD5 hash instead of plaintext password?

Require entry of MD5 hash instead of plaintext password?

От
mwsenecal@yahoo.com
Дата:
Is there a way to configure PostgreSQL 8.0 so that when prompted for a
password, the user enters the MD5 hash of his password, instead of the
normal plaintext password?

That is, when prompted for the password, instead of typing the
plaintext password as you normally would ("Foo", for example), you
would instead enter in the MD5 hash ("A8127A7CBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH").

Re: Require entry of MD5 hash instead of plaintext password?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 09:33:37AM -0700, mwsenecal@yahoo.com wrote:
> Is there a way to configure PostgreSQL 8.0 so that when prompted for a
> password, the user enters the MD5 hash of his password, instead of the
> normal plaintext password?

What problem are you trying to solve?

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: Require entry of MD5 hash instead of plaintext password?

От
mwsenecal@yahoo.com
Дата: