Обсуждение: PGInstaller Project

PGInstaller Project

От
"Mitchell Vincent"
Дата:
This project is of great interest to me as I am looking for a
easier-to-deploy database server and I've always loved PostgreSQL. the
PGInstaller project (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/)
looks like what I need but I'm worried that it's abandoned. I see a
beta posted back in April but nothing more since then.

Is there another more active project working on a way to install PG
without making the user go through all the configuration by hand? I
want to ship PG with a desktop software and I'd rather choose all the
defaults myself rather than try to talk a novice user through setting
up PG.

--
- Mitchell Vincent
- K Software - Innovative Software Solutions

Re: PGInstaller Project

От
"Dave Page"

pgInstaller certainly isn't dead - it's the installer for the official windows binary releases of PostgreSQL.

Regards, Dave

Re: PGInstaller Project

От
Stefan Berglund
Дата:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:24:03 -0400, ksoftware@gmail.com ("Mitchell
Vincent") wrote:
 in <173c46830707201524n32d722a0p7edfe26e8c0205d6@mail.gmail.com>

>This project is of great interest to me as I am looking for a
>easier-to-deploy database server and I've always loved PostgreSQL. the
>PGInstaller project (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/)
>looks like what I need but I'm worried that it's abandoned. I see a
>beta posted back in April but nothing more since then.
>
>Is there another more active project working on a way to install PG
>without making the user go through all the configuration by hand? I
>want to ship PG with a desktop software and I'd rather choose all the
>defaults myself rather than try to talk a novice user through setting
>up PG.

I wrote a VB wrapper and install PG from an embedded resource.  It
handles all the messy details that technologically challenged users
might face.

---
Stefan Berglund

Re: PGInstaller Project

От
Stefan Berglund
Дата:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:12:00 +0100, dpage@postgresql.org ("Dave Page")
wrote:
 in <200707220912000000@979717759>

> [...]

I should have been a bit more explicit in that I wrap pgInstaller simply
to control all the command line options.

---
Stefan Berglund