Обсуждение: SMTP

SMTP

От
paddy carroll
Дата:
Can I have a straw poll on the best way to glue smtp to postgres, is
exim the only option?

Cheers

Re: SMTP

От
Sim Zacks
Дата:
I wrote a plpython function to have my database send email through an smtp server.
If that is of interest I can post my function

paddy carroll wrote:
> Can I have a straw poll on the best way to glue smtp to postgres, is
> exim the only option?
>
> Cheers

Re: SMTP

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 08:53:54AM +0100, paddy carroll wrote:
> Can I have a straw poll on the best way to glue smtp to postgres, is
> exim the only option?

What do you mean, "glue smtp to postgres"?  You want to authenticate
from Pg, or store the mail in there, or send mail from the database,
or. . .?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Users never remark, "Wow, this software may be buggy and hard
to use, but at least there is a lot of code underneath."
        --Damien Katz

Re: SMTP

От
paddy carroll
Дата:
store mail , send mail, receive mail, filter mail.
I need a mail firewall for a set of bespoke applications in a secure
environment.

I will probably use postfix

*+++

On 16 Jul 2007, at 17:54, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 08:53:54AM +0100, paddy carroll wrote:
>> Can I have a straw poll on the best way to glue smtp to postgres, is
>> exim the only option?
>
> What do you mean, "glue smtp to postgres"?  You want to authenticate
> from Pg, or store the mail in there, or send mail from the database,
> or. . .?

> Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
> Users never remark, "Wow, this software may be buggy and hard
> to use, but at least there is a lot of code underneath."
>         --Damien Katz
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: SMTP

От
Francisco Reyes
Дата:
paddy carroll writes:

> store mail , send mail, receive mail, filter mail.
> I need a mail firewall for a set of bespoke applications in a secure
> environment.
>
> I will probably use postfix

Postfix works well with Postgresql.
For greylisting Sqlgrey works well with Postgresql.

Re: SMTP

От
Chris Browne
Дата:
paddy.carroll@gmail.com (paddy carroll) writes:
> store mail , send mail, receive mail, filter mail.
> I need a mail firewall for a set of bespoke applications in a secure
> environment.
>
> I will probably use postfix

It is possible to configure various parts of postfix (e.g. - aliases
and other such) via queries against PostgreSQL tables, so this is
something that PostgreSQL could help with.
--
"cbbrowne","@","linuxdatabases.info"
http://linuxfinances.info/info/linuxxian.html