Обсуждение: migrating a tablespace between postgres instances in shared disk environment

migrating a tablespace between postgres instances in shared disk environment

От
Paula Ta-Shma
Дата:
Is there a way to allow migration of a single table/database/tablespace
from one postgres instance to another (in a system with multiple
tables/databases/tablespaces)  ?
The postgres instances would all share their storage using a clustered file
system.
Ideally, one postgres instance would "close" a table/database/tablespace
and another postgres instance would then "open" it, to support the
migration.
But I didn't find a way to "close" anything without destroying it.
Is there a way to do this using Postgres ?

thanks
Paula

Re: migrating a tablespace between postgres instances in shared disk environment

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Montag, 14. Mai 2007 15:35 schrieb Paula Ta-Shma:
> Is there a way to allow migration of a single table/database/tablespace
> from one postgres instance to another (in a system with multiple
> tables/databases/tablespaces)  ?

No.

--
Peter Eisentraut