Обсуждение: printing variable values in pl/pgsql functions

printing variable values in pl/pgsql functions

От
"Harpreet Dhaliwal"
Дата:
Hi,

I have a pl/pgsql in which i have to print various variable values during the execution of the function to see
what values are getting populated inside those variables with due course of time.

PRINT <variable name>
doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me how to print these values??

Thanks,
~Harpreet

printing variable values in pl/pgsql functions

От
"Harpreet Dhaliwal"

I have a pl/pgsql in which i have to print various variable values during the execution of the function to see
what values are getting populated inside those variables with due course of time.

PRINT <variable name>
doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me how to print these values??

Thanks,
~Harpreet

Re: printing variable values in pl/pgsql functions

От
"Jasbinder Singh Bali"
Дата:
you can use
RAISE NOTICE 'i want to print % and %', var1,var2;

then run your function and click the MESSAGE tab at the bottom of your query analyzer screen and you'll see sometime like

NOTICE: i want to print <value of var 1> and <value of var2

you can use any number of RAISE NOTICE statements as you want and they will be printed in order under messages.

I hope this helps
~Jas

I have a pl/pgsql in which i have to print various variable values during the execution of the function to see
what values are getting populated inside those variables with due course of time.

PRINT <variable name>
doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me how to print these values??

Thanks,
~Harpreet

Re: printing variable values in pl/pgsql functions

От
"Martin Gainty"
Дата:
\echo will print contents of whatever follows

M--
addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please notify
message without making a copy.  Thank you.