Обсуждение: tuple concurrently updated

tuple concurrently updated

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
My application receives the folllowing error sometimes.

Any idea how to fix ?

Andrus.

7/XX000:Error while executing the query;ERROR:  tuple concurrently updated

CONTEXT:  SQL statement "DROP TABLE templsabi"PL/pgSQL function "drop_table"
line 2 at execute statement

SELECT drop_table('templsabi');CREATE TABLE templsabi AS
    select
      toode,
      osak as sihtyksus,
      partii,
      laosumma,

      1 as lj, 0 as st, 0 as vm,
      0 as kaubasumma,
      kogus,
      0 as kogpak,
      CAST('' AS CHAR(10)) as yksus,
      CAST('' AS CHAR(1)) as doktyyp
    from HETKESEI
    where true
 AND osak LIKE 'TARTU%' ESCAPE '!'

 AND toode='DIS123103'
;SELECT * FROM templsabi

drop_table is defined as

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION drop_table(TEXT)
  RETURNS VOID STRICT LANGUAGE plpgsql AS $$
 BEGIN
    EXECUTE 'DROP TABLE ' || $1;
    EXCEPTION WHEN UNDEFINED_TABLE THEN
 RETURN;
 END;
 $$;

Re: tuple concurrently updated

Дата:
"Andrus" <kobruleht2@hot.ee> writes:
> My application receives the folllowing error sometimes.
> 7/XX000:Error while executing the query;ERROR:  tuple concurrently updated
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "DROP TABLE templsabi"PL/pgSQL function "drop_table"
> line 2 at execute statement

That's a bit interesting ... what PG version is this exactly?  What else
might be touching that table at the same time?  Do you have autovacuum
enabled?

            regards, tom lane

Re: tuple concurrently updated

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
> That's a bit interesting ... what PG version is this exactly?

"PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2
(mingw-special)"

> What else might be touching that table at the same time?

Maybe some other client executes same or other command at same time in same
database.
templsabi table is created, dropped and updated frequently by a number of
clients concurrently.

> Do you have autovacuum enabled?

Yes.

Andrus.