Обсуждение: Trouble w/plperl sproc on red hat 9

Trouble w/plperl sproc on red hat 9

От
Kenneth Downs
Дата:
Not sure if this one is fixable, but a user of my GPL'd package was
unable to run our install.

Eventually we pinned it down to a failed load of a sproc written in
plperl.  He says he's running a Red Hat 9 system with Postgres 8.1 and
perl is 5.8.5.  When he takes the plperl sproc and attempts to load it
through pgsql he gets:

**** SQL ERROR ****: server closed the connection unexpectedly
    before or while processing the request.

Does this ring any bells w/regard to possible version mismatches or
known issues?

Вложения

Re: Trouble w/plperl sproc on red hat 9

От
Douglas McNaught
Дата:
Kenneth Downs <ken@secdat.com> writes:

> Not sure if this one is fixable, but a user of my GPL'd package was
> unable to run our install.
>
> Eventually we pinned it down to a failed load of a sproc written in
> plperl.  He says he's running a Red Hat 9 system with Postgres 8.1 and
> perl is 5.8.5.  When he takes the plperl sproc and attempts to load it
> through pgsql he gets:
>

> **** SQL ERROR ****: server closed the connection unexpectedly
>     This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>     before or while processing the request.
>
> Does this ring any bells w/regard to possible version mismatches or
> known issues?

It would probably be helpful to get a backtrace of the core dump
generated by the crashing backend.

-Doug

Re: Trouble w/plperl sproc on red hat 9

Дата:
Kenneth Downs <ken@secdat.com> writes:
> Eventually we pinned it down to a failed load of a sproc written in
> plperl.  He says he's running a Red Hat 9 system with Postgres 8.1 and
> perl is 5.8.5.  When he takes the plperl sproc and attempts to load it
> through pgsql he gets:
> **** SQL ERROR ****: server closed the connection unexpectedly

It should work if plperl was compiled with that specific Perl version.
If he's attempting to use an RPM built against a different Perl version,
maybe not so much --- I'm not sure how ABI-compatible Perl is across
versions.

            regards, tom lane