Обсуждение: Postgresql Backup

Postgresql Backup

От
"bala"
Дата:
Hello frends!

 i am using postgresql database. I am using crond for daily backup.

Following is the crontab entry,

29 17 * * 1-6  postgres  /path/to/script.sh

'script.sh'   contains

PGUSER=postgres  pg_dumpall > /path/to/backup_date.sql

Running the script using crond creates the 0 byte files.

But , If i run the script in console , it creates the file with
content.

Any suggestion pls?

Regards

Bala

Re: Postgresql Backup

От
Alan Hodgson
Дата:
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 20:57, "bala" <kbalavignesh@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 'script.sh'   contains
>
> PGUSER=postgres  pg_dumpall > /path/to/backup_date.sql
>
> Running the script using crond creates the 0 byte files.
>
> But , If i run the script in console , it creates the file with
> content.
>
> Any suggestion pls?

Include the full path to pg_dumpall in the script.
Make sure the postgres user can connect without a password or has an
appropriate .pgpass file in it's home directory.

--
No matter how disastrously some government policy has turned out, anyone
who criticizes it can expect to hear: 'But what would you replace it