Обсуждение: Get SQL dump from readonly FS

Get SQL dump from readonly FS

От
Hannes Dorbath
Дата:
Is there any way for PostgreSQL to start up on a read only file system
for the sole purpose of creating a dump?

Background is that I like to create a SQL dump from file system
snapshot. I guess the answer is a plain "No." ;)

Thanks.

Hannes Dorbath

Re: Get SQL dump from readonly FS

От
Frank Wittig
Дата:
Hi Hannes,

what type of snapshot are you referring to?
If you use LVM2, you can create writeable snapshots. You simply have
to spend some free space of your volume group (as much as the
expeted amount of data to be written).
Writes to that snapshot are deleted along with deletion of the
snapshot.

Greetings,
Frank

Hannes Dorbath <light@theendofthetunnel.de> [18.01.2007 09:29]:
> Background is that I like to create a SQL dump from file system
> snapshot. I guess the answer is a plain "No." ;)

Вложения