Обсуждение: Backup the part of postgres database

Backup the part of postgres database

От
roopa perumalraja
Дата:
Hi all,

Is it possible to back up only part of my database for example from tables which have data from April to July 2006, if so what will be the command for that.

Thanks a lot in advance
Roopa

It's here! Your new message!

Re: Backup the part of postgres database

От
"Adam Rich"
Дата:
Roopa,
You can use the command pg_dump to backup specific tables.   But you won't be able to
restrict the backup to specific rows.  (You can always create a separate table just for backups,
and dump just that table).

Is it possible to back up only part of my database for example from tables which have data from April to July 2006, if so what will be the command for that.

Thanks a lot in advance
Roopa

It's here! Your new message!

Re: Backup the part of postgres database

От
roopa perumalraja

Hi Adam,

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply. can you please tell me how to use the command pg_dump to backup specific tables. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Roopa

Adam Rich <adam.r@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Roopa,
You can use the command pg_dump to backup specific tables.   But you won't be able to
restrict the backup to specific rows.  (You can always create a separate table just for backups,
and dump just that table).

Is it possible to back up only part of my database for example from tables which have data from April to July 2006, if so what will be the command for that.

Thanks a lot in advance
Roopa

It's here! Your new message!

Bored stiff? Loosen up...

Re: Backup the part of postgres database

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
roopa perumalraja wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
>   Thanks a lot for your immediate reply. can you please tell me how to use the command pg_dump to backup specific
tables.Thanks a lot in advance.

pg_dump --help

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Backup the part of postgres database

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
COPY command might also help....

COPY (SELECT * FROM country WHERE country_name LIKE 'A%') TO '/usr1/proj/bray/sql/a_list_countries.copy';

Details can be found at --> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-copy.html

------------------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB ( www.enterprisedb.com)

Is it possible to back up only part of my database for example from tables which have data from April to July 2006, if so what will be the command for that.

Thanks a lot in advance
Roopa

It's here! Your new message!

Re: Backup the part of postgres database

От
btober@ct.metrocast.net
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> roopa perumalraja wrote:
>   Thanks a lot for your immediate reply. can you please tell me how to use the command pg_dump to backup specific
tables.Thanks a lot in advance.

> pg_dump --help

Better yet, try this first:
"http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html".