Обсуждение: Ubuntu Help

Ubuntu Help

От
"kbajwa"

Hello:

I am going to install Ubuntu OS under their LAMP installation. This LAMP installation installs mySQL. Is there any way I can install postgreSQL instead of mySQL? Has anybody created a LAMP to install Ubuntu, Apache, postgreSQL & PHP?

Kirt

Re: Ubuntu Help

От
"Leonel Nunez"
> Hello:
>

> I am going to install Ubuntu OS under their LAMP installation. This LAMP
> installation installs mySQL. Is there any way I can install postgreSQL
> instead of mySQL? Has anybody created a LAMP to install Ubuntu, Apache,
> postgreSQL & PHP?
>

> Kirt

after instalation  do

sudo apt-get install postgresql-8.1 postgresql-client-8.1  php5-pgsql

that's all

Leonel

Re: Ubuntu Help

От
Bricklen Anderson
kbajwa wrote:
> Hello:
>

> I am going to install Ubuntu OS under their LAMP installation. This LAMP
> installation installs mySQL. Is there any way I can install postgreSQL
> instead of mySQL? Has anybody created a LAMP to install Ubuntu, Apache,
> postgreSQL & PHP?
>

> Kirt
I don't know about a preconfigured LAMP installation, but it's pretty
easy to do using aptitude/synaptic/adept/<package manager here>.
Look for the postgresql-xxx packages etc. Same goes for the other
aspects of that stack.

Re: Ubuntu Help

От
"kbajwa"
Дата:
Do I need to remove mySQL or leave it installed?

Kirt

> I am going to install Ubuntu OS under their LAMP installation. This LAMP
> installation installs mySQL. Is there any way I can install postgreSQL
> instead of mySQL? Has anybody created a LAMP to install Ubuntu, Apache,
> postgreSQL & PHP?
>

> Kirt

after instalation  do

sudo apt-get install postgresql-8.1 postgresql-client-8.1  php5-pgsql

that's all

Leonel

Re: Ubuntu Help

От
"Leonel Nunez"
Дата:
> Do I need to remove mySQL or leave it installed?
>
> Kirt

If you don't  need it    removeit

leonel

Re: Ubuntu Help