Обсуждение: Moving postgres users accounts from one postgres 7.3 to postgres 8.0

Moving postgres users accounts from one postgres 7.3 to postgres 8.0

От
Najib Abi Fadel
Дата:
Hi,

i need to move my postgres users with their passwords from one postgres version (7.3) to a newer one (8.1) .
Is there an automatic way to do that without having to recreate the users with their passwords ??

Thanks for any help
Najib.

Re: Moving postgres users accounts from one postgres 7.3 to postgres 8.0

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
On 10/18/06, Najib Abi Fadel <nabifadel@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i need to move my postgres users with their passwords from one postgres
> version (7.3) to a newer one (8.1) .
> Is there an automatic way to do that without having to recreate the users
> with their passwords ??

did you try pg_dumpall?

merlin