Обсуждение: How to avoid error with convert() function

How to avoid error with convert() function

От
zeljko
Дата:
SELECT convert(myfield,'LATIN2','WIN1250') FROM tbl;

ERROR:  character 0x828e of encoding "MULE_INTERNAL" has no equivalent in
"WIN1250"

I know I have few characters like this one in table with about 1.000.000
rows.
How to avoid such error and show eg. ? instead of error , or how to replace
such characters with some normal chars ?

tnx

Re: How to avoid error with convert() function

От
zeljko
zeljko wrote:

> SELECT convert(myfield,'LATIN2','WIN1250') FROM tbl;
>
> ERROR:  character 0x828e of encoding "MULE_INTERNAL" has no equivalent in
> "WIN1250"
>
> I know I have few characters like this one in table with about 1.000.000
> rows.
> How to avoid such error and show eg. ? instead of error , or how to
> replace such characters with some normal chars ?

seem like a bug in 8.1.4.
Database is installed on Linux (7.4.13) (Win & Linux clients work ok)
pg_dumped -> psql newdatabase < dumpedfrom7.4.13.dump
Now convert(xxx,'LATIN2','WIN1250') doesn't work properly, and raises error.
Some characters are ok , some are translated into 0x828e ?!?