Обсуждение: One step install, up and running?

One step install, up and running?

От
timasmith@hotmail.com
Дата:
Hi,

I have a program which uses Postgresql as a database for persistence.
The application uses IzPack to install.

Ideally I would like to also install Postgresql in the same wizard
conversation, plus get it up and running as a windows service (or
daemon on 'nix).

Is all of that possible - has anyone done it?

thanks!

Tim

Re: One step install, up and running?

От
Chris
Дата:
timasmith@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a program which uses Postgresql as a database for persistence.
> The application uses IzPack to install.
>
> Ideally I would like to also install Postgresql in the same wizard
> conversation, plus get it up and running as a windows service (or
> daemon on 'nix).
>
> Is all of that possible - has anyone done it?

Here's how to do a silent installer with windows:

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html

A 'silent' / automatic install could be done on linux boxes using the
packages (rpm, deb, whatever).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/