Обсуждение: problem with postgres SQL db

problem with postgres SQL db

От
"Rodion Raskolnikov"
Дата:
hi. my name is grzegorz. i have som problem with postgres sql.
i am sorry because my english is very bad, but i dont have any other chance to contact with you.

in the company when i work we hame 2 www servers, at the older we have postres 7.2,  and at the new we have postgres 8.1.
we have to insert db from the older version to the new version and we have problem with that... we use linux (pld).

we tried many times and in many ways, and this dont work. sometimes somthing is good but if we export second part of this db everifing colapse.

this is original www :http://www.nfz-katowice.pl/
and this is secondary (this dont work)  http://nfz.virtual.clan.pl/

now i dont remember SYNTAX what we use when we export db.

please help us with that. some good ADVICE will be very helpfull

good day...

--
Grzegorz "Raskolnikov" Gorol
cell: +48 506917029

Re: problem with postgres SQL db

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 10:52:24PM +0200, Rodion Raskolnikov wrote:

> now i dont remember SYNTAX what we use when we export db.

You need to use the _latest_ pg_dump.  If you used the 7.2 pg_dump,
it for sure won't work.

There are functional changes between 7.2 and 8.1 that might make this
upgrade a little tough.  Test everything very carefully.

It is possible that it will go more smoothly if you first upgrade to
7.4, and then dump from that to 8.1.  I can't say for sure.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
        --George Orwell