Обсуждение: Auto Installation

Auto Installation

От
Habib Seifzadeh
Дата:
Hi dear friends,
Is there any installer that installs PostgreSQL
without any question from the user and assumes default
options?
By the way, I searched the archives but didn't find
any thread discussing this question. if you know any
thread, please show me the url.
Cheers,
Habib

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Auto Installation

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Habib Seifzadeh wrote:
> Is there any installer that installs PostgreSQL
> without any question from the user and assumes default
> options?

For what operating system?

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Auto Installation

От
Habib Seifzadeh
Дата:
> > Is there any installer that installs PostgreSQL
> > without any question from the user and assumes
> default
> > options?
>
> For what operating system?

If there was a way for all of OSes, it would be great
:-) but I specially need it for windows in this case,
Anyway, thank you for your reply,
Habib

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Auto Installation

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Habib Seifzadeh <habibseifzadeh@yahoo.com> schrieb:

> > > Is there any installer that installs PostgreSQL
> > > without any question from the user and assumes
> > default
> > > options?
> >
> > For what operating system?
>
> If there was a way for all of OSes, it would be great
> :-) but I specially need it for windows in this case,

I'm not familiar with this OS, but perhaps this link may be helpful for
you: http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html

HTH, Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Re: Auto Installation

От
"John Jawed"
Дата:
On Gentoo Linux, you can run:

$ emerge --config dev-db/postgresql

It will setup the default database and tell you which kernel settings
you need to tweak (kernel.sem,kernel.shmmax, etc).