Обсуждение: databases hidden in phppgadmin

databases hidden in phppgadmin

От
"Darren"
Дата:
My apologies if this is not the correct group, but I did not find a
'phppgadmin' specific group.

When I login to phppgadmin, the list of databases does not include any
databases that are owned by a 'group' (i.e. a role with NOLOGIN set).
Databases owned by postgres or any specific user do show up.  I have
tried logging in as superuser, as well as a user belonging to the said
group, but the databases do not show up.

Is there a config option I need to set to allow this, or is it simply
not possible.

Thanks!
--Darren Hromas

Re: databases hidden in phppgadmin

Дата:
"Darren" <notross@hotmail.com> writes:
> When I login to phppgadmin, the list of databases does not include any
> databases that are owned by a 'group' (i.e. a role with NOLOGIN set).

I'm betting that phppgadmin is using something like an inner join of
pg_database and pg_user to produce its display.  As of PG 8.1 they need
to be using pg_roles instead ... and if I were them, I'd make it a LEFT
JOIN so that databases don't disappear completely if the owner can't be
found.

            regards, tom lane

Re: databases hidden in phppgadmin

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Friday 14 July 2006 11:22, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Darren" <notross@hotmail.com> writes:
> > When I login to phppgadmin, the list of databases does not include any
> > databases that are owned by a 'group' (i.e. a role with NOLOGIN set).
>
> I'm betting that phppgadmin is using something like an inner join of
> pg_database and pg_user to produce its display.  As of PG 8.1 they need
> to be using pg_roles instead ... and if I were them, I'd make it a LEFT
> JOIN so that databases don't disappear completely if the owner can't be
> found.

You know Tom, if you're interested in hacking on phpPgAdmin, I'd be happy to
send you a copy of "Beginning PHP & PostgreSQL 8 "
:-)

Darren,  this is fixed in ppa's CVS HEAD.  If you want a specific patch, drop
me a note off list, though I am thinking of putting out a 4.0.2 release
sometime this week.

--
Robert Treat