Обсуждение: Default directory for postgres user?

Default directory for postgres user?

От
Victor Escobar
Дата:
What should the default directory for the postgres user be? I'm using
OSX 10.4. Right now, the default directory is set to /dev/null.

Re: Default directory for postgres user?

От
Agent M
Дата:
The shell is probably /bin/false right? That indicates that the
postgres user won't log in to an active session. If that's an issue,
then you should change that to whatever you like (probably
/usr/local/pgsql/).

On Jul 2, 2006, at 12:29 PM, Victor Escobar wrote:

> What should the default directory for the postgres user be? I'm using
> OSX 10.4. Right now, the default directory is set to /dev/null.

¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
AgentM
agentm@themactionfaction.com
¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

Re: Default directory for postgres user?

От
Niklas Johansson
Дата:
On 2 jul 2006, at 18.29, Victor Escobar wrote:
> What should the default directory for the postgres user be? I'm
> using OSX 10.4. Right now, the default directory is set to /dev/null.

I've set the home directory to /var/empty and the shell to /usr/bin/
false, like most of the other daemon users. /dev/null should be ok
though.

Sincerely,

Niklas Johansson
Phone: +46-322-108 18