Обсуждение: DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET

DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET

От
"John D. Burger"
Дата:
Is there any way to set DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET on a permanent basis
for a particular database?  SET DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET is only per
session, apparently, and I'm not sure I want to set it for the whole
cluster in the config file.  I know I can fix it per-column with ALTER
TABLE, but that's a bit of a pain.

I'm running 7.4.  Thanks for any info.

- John D. Burger
   MITRE

Re: DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 06:21:35PM -0400, John D. Burger wrote:
> Is there any way to set DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET on a permanent basis
> for a particular database?

You can use ALTER DATABASE.  New sessions will get the new value;
you'll need to reconnect to see the effect.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/sql-alterdatabase.html

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET

Дата:
"John D. Burger" <john@mitre.org> writes:
> Is there any way to set DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET on a permanent basis
> for a particular database?  SET DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET is only per
> session, apparently, and I'm not sure I want to set it for the whole
> cluster in the config file.  I know I can fix it per-column with ALTER
> TABLE, but that's a bit of a pain.
> I'm running 7.4.  Thanks for any info.

ALTER DATABASE SET, same as most other GUC variables ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: DEFAULT_STATISTICS_TARGET

От
"John D. Burger"
Дата:
> You can use ALTER DATABASE.

Argh!  I somehow missed that despite reading the Run-time Configuration
section three times ... Thanks, folks!

- John D. Burger
   MITRE