Обсуждение: stored function and grant execute

stored function and grant execute

От
"P.M"
Дата:
Hi,

I'm developping a web application which use PostgreSQL as database.
I'm quite surprise to see that grant execute does not exist for PostgreSQL v7.x, but only in v8.x

So how can i grant such right (execute) to my user in v7.x ? because function were already existing in v7.x

thanks a lot,
Maileen

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Re: stored function and grant execute

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
P.M <pmdanger@yahoo.com> schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I'm developping a web application which use PostgreSQL as database.
> I'm quite surprise to see that grant execute does not exist for PostgreSQL
> v7.x, but only in v8.x
>
> So how can i grant such right (execute) to my user in v7.x ? because function
> were already existing in v7.x

Why not a UPGRADE to PostgreSQL 8.1.x?
There are many nice other features like bitmap index scan and other.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Re: stored function and grant execute

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 02:11:59AM -0700, P.M wrote:
> I'm developping a web application which use PostgreSQL as database.
> I'm quite surprise to see that grant execute does not exist for
> PostgreSQL v7.x, but only in v8.x

What version of 7.x are you running?  The EXECUTE privilege was
added in 7.3, which was released over three years ago.  Older
versions are no longer supported.

> So how can i grant such right (execute) to my user in v7.x ?
> because function were already existing in v7.x

I don't recall what pre-7.3 behavior is, but in 7.3 and later
functions' default privileges allow EXECUTE for public (everybody).
If you're running a version that doesn't have EXECUTE then you're
badly in need of an upgrade.

--
Michael Fuhr