Обсуждение: Connection error, help..please

Connection error, help..please

От
"Christo Romberg"
Дата:
Hi!

When I try to connect to my database "dspace",
the following error message occur:

FATAL: database "dspace" does not exist

My PostgreSQL version is, 8.1.3, although the same error
appear no mather what version of psql that I have.
My system is Windows XP Professional Ed.

If someone got any ideas, then please respond to me.
Appreciate your time!

Best Regards,
Christo

PS. I'm a newbie to PostgreSQL.

Re: Connection error, help..please

Дата:
"Christo Romberg" <coromberg@gmail.com> writes:
> When I try to connect to my database "dspace",
> the following error message occur:

> FATAL: database "dspace" does not exist

The error message seems perfectly clear to me ;-).

You might be getting bit by case sensitivity --- perhaps the
database is really named "DSpace" or some such?  If you're
not sure, try "psql -l" to list the existing databases.

            regards, tom lane