Обсуждение: hard shut down of system

hard shut down of system

От
"surabhi.ahuja"
Дата:
if postmaster is running and i do,

kill -9 -1
i.e. i did abrupt shut down

now when i brought back the system

i am not able to start postmaster

actually i want to simulate, the scenario is which the user will do

'hard shut down / Power off'
while system is in working state..
and i want to ensure that postmaster is able to recover from this kind of errors when
the system is is brought up..
how should i handle the above situation?

Re: hard shut down of system

От
"Jonel Rienton"
Дата:
I will first check the logfiles then the stale pid file.

--
Jonel Rienton
mailto:jonel@rientongroup.com