Обсуждение: configure: error: file 'tclConfig.sh' is required for Tcl

configure: error: file 'tclConfig.sh' is required for Tcl

От
"Teresa Noviello"
Дата:
hi!
I configure postgresql-8.1.3 on fedora core 4 with

"./configure --with-perl --with-python --enable-nls --with-openssl --enable-debug --enable-cassert --with-tcl"
and being root.

I've got this error:

[snip configure output]
checking for tclsh... /usr/bin/tclsh
checking for tclConfig.sh... no
configure: error: file 'tclConfig.sh' is required for Tcl

---

I've veryfied tcl'installation with
[root@freddie pgsql]# rpm -qa | grep tcl
tcl-8.4.9-3

but in directories /usr/lib/tcl8.4, /usr/share/tcl8.4, there ISN'T the file tclConfig.sh.

How can i do?

I've tried to uninstall tcl and re-install it with yum, but the result is the same...i still have not that 'tclConfig.sh' file!!

help me please..!

Tery

--
Teresa Noviello
Chiedersi Sempre:"Avro' il tempo di rifarlo?"

Re: configure: error: file 'tclConfig.sh' is required for Tcl

От
"Markus Wollny"
Дата:
Hi!

Being a Debian-user I haven't really got a clue about Fedora Core, but have you tried installing the tcl-devel-package?

Kind regards

   Markus

________________________________

    but in directories /usr/lib/tcl8.4, /usr/share/tcl8.4, there ISN'T the file tclConfig.sh.

[...]

Re: configure: error: file 'tclConfig.sh' is required for Tcl

От
"Teresa Noviello"
Дата:
I've installed tcl-devel-package!!!

NOW IT WORKS!...

(in my honest opinion it had to work also without it, but that's another story!)

THANKS!!!

Tery

Being a Debian-user I haven't really got a clue about Fedora Core, but have you tried installing the tcl-devel-package?

Kind regards

   Markus

________________________________

        but in directories /usr/lib/tcl8.4, /usr/share/tcl8.4, there ISN'T the file tclConfig.sh.

[...]

--
Teresa Noviello
Chiedersi Sempre:"Avro' il tempo di rifarlo?"

Re: configure: error: file 'tclConfig.sh' is required for Tcl

Дата:
"Teresa Noviello" <lunicateresa@gmail.com> writes:
> I've installed tcl-devel-package!!!

> NOW IT WORKS!...

> (in my honest opinion it had to work also without it, but that's another
> story!)

Why do you think that?  In general, the point of a foo-devel package is
to carry the files needed to build (as opposed to just run) programs
that use the foo package.  That exactly describes what you're doing
here, and that's why you needed tcl-devel.

            regards, tom lane