Обсуждение: Comparing 7.4 with 8.0

Comparing 7.4 with 8.0

От
"Reimer"
Дата:
Hello,

We would like to have only one PostgreSQL version at our clients, currently some are  using 7.4.6 and others 8.0.6. The first thing is to migrate those 7.4.6 clients to 8.0.6.

But before, I´ve to convince them that such migration will be worth for them. My idea is to write a document with all enhancements they will have if they migrate to 8.0.6.

Where could I find some documents to help me?

Are 7.4.6 vulnerable in some area? Security?

Many thanks in advance!

Reimer

Re: Comparing 7.4 with 8.0

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 11:58, Reimer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We would like to have only one PostgreSQL version at our clients,
> currently some are  using 7.4.6 and others 8.0.6. The first thing is
> to migrate those 7.4.6 clients to 8.0.6.
>
> But before, I´ve to convince them that such migration will be worth
> for them. My idea is to write a document with all enhancements they
> will have if they migrate to 8.0.6.
>
> Where could I find some documents to help me?
>
> Are 7.4.6 vulnerable in some area? Security?

Just posted this in another thread:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/install-upgrading.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release-8-1.html

Re: Comparing 7.4 with 8.0

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On Mar 29, 2006, at 12:58 PM, Reimer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We would like to have only one PostgreSQL version at our clients,
> currently some are  using 7.4.6 and others 8.0.6. The first thing
> is to migrate those 7.4.6 clients to 8.0.6.
>
> But before, I´ve to convince them that such migration will be worth
> for them. My idea is to write a document with all enhancements they
> will have if they migrate to 8.0.6.

If nothing else they absolutely should upgrade to the latest 7.4;
7.4.6 had data corruption bugs in it.