Обсуждение: 32 bit applications against 64 bit postgres server

32 bit applications against 64 bit postgres server

От
"surabhi.ahuja"

hi all

please tell if it is possible to

Run your 32-bit applications against the 64-bit installed postgres server.

I am using postgres 8.0.0 and for building my application i use the 32 bit postgres server.

However those application will be running with the 64-bit installed postgres server.

will there be any issues?

thanks,

regards

Surabhi

Re: 32 bit applications against 64 bit postgres server

От
Vivek Khera

However those application will be running with the 64-bit installed postgres server.

They speak to each other via TCP/IP protocol which is CPU independent.  so yes, it will work (and does work).