Обсуждение: libpq vs pqxx

libpq vs pqxx

От
"Seloua Seloua"
Дата:
Hello all,

I am writting a simple C++ program to access my postgresql 8.0 database.
What is the difference from using the interface of libpq versus the pqxx
librairy (use of PGconn, PGresult provided in the /usr/include/libpq-fe.h
file versus connection, result etc provided in the /usr/include/pqxx
directory)?

Thanks for your help!
Jana

to offer.

first two months FREE*.

Re: libpq vs pqxx

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Seloua Seloua wrote:
> I am writting a simple C++ program to access my postgresql 8.0
> database. What is the difference from using the interface of libpq
> versus the pqxx librairy (use of PGconn, PGresult provided in the
> /usr/include/libpq-fe.h file versus connection, result etc provided
> in the /usr/include/pqxx directory)?

They are similar in that they are programming interfaces to access
PostgreSQL databases, but other than that they are completely
different.

--
Peter Eisentraut