Обсуждение: W3C XML Schema -> PostgreSQL?

W3C XML Schema -> PostgreSQL?

От
Tyler MacDonald
Дата:
I have a DTD that I want to convert into a database schema. (For the
curious, it's the XML DTD for Kismet's XML output; see
http://www.kismetwireless.net/ and
http://kismetwireless.net/kismet-3.1.0.dtd). After converting it to a W3C
XML schema, it looks like it has the sort of infroamtion that is needed to
generate tables, columns, and foreign key constraints. There's some
oddities, such as boolean values being stored as enums:

   <attribute name='wep' use='default' value='false'>
    <simpleType>
     <restriction base='string'>
      <enumeration value='true'/>
      <enumeration value='false'/>
     </restriction>
    </simpleType>
   </attribute>

Is there some existing art that will take such a DTD or XML schema and
convert it into CREATE TABLEs for postgresql?

    Thanks,
        Tyler

Re: W3C XML Schema -> PostgreSQL?

От
Chris
Дата:
Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> I have a DTD that I want to convert into a database schema. (For the
> curious, it's the XML DTD for Kismet's XML output; see
> http://www.kismetwireless.net/ and
> http://kismetwireless.net/kismet-3.1.0.dtd). After converting it to a W3C
> XML schema, it looks like it has the sort of infroamtion that is needed to
> generate tables, columns, and foreign key constraints. There's some
> oddities, such as boolean values being stored as enums:
>
>    <attribute name='wep' use='default' value='false'>
>     <simpleType>
>      <restriction base='string'>
>       <enumeration value='true'/>
>       <enumeration value='false'/>
>      </restriction>
>     </simpleType>
>    </attribute>
>
> Is there some existing art that will take such a DTD or XML schema and
> convert it into CREATE TABLEs for postgresql?

I don't think there is anything that will do it for you.. but that could
be a good project for http://pgfoundry.org/ if you want to share it.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/