Обсуждение: Case Sensitive problem

Case Sensitive problem

От
"Erik Ferencz"
Дата:
Hi,
I have got problems with case sensitive sort.
My Postgre DB is Case sensitive but I need case insensitive.
Could anyone help me,please.
I don't know where or how to set this option.

Thanks.

Erik ferencz

Re: Case Sensitive problem

От
Douglas McNaught
Дата:
"Erik Ferencz" <ErikFerencz@seznam.cz> writes:

> Hi,
> I have got problems with case sensitive sort.
> My Postgre DB is Case sensitive but I need case insensitive.
> Could anyone help me,please.
> I don't know where or how to set this option.

It's not an option you can set.  Just do "ORDER BY upper(mycolumn)".

-Doug

Re: Case Sensitive problem

От
Chris
Дата:
Erik Ferencz wrote:
> Hi,
> I have got problems with case sensitive sort.
> My Postgre DB is Case sensitive but I need case insensitive.
> Could anyone help me,please.
> I don't know where or how to set this option.

What output do you get and what do you expect to get?

It sounds like a locale issue, I'm not sure if you can change this on
the fly though.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/