Обсуждение: panic during pgsql startup

panic during pgsql startup

От
igor@carcass.ath.cx

Hi All,

I can't start postgresql. I'm getting:

PANIC:  failed to re-find parent key in "17497"

in serverlog.

It's PostgreSQL v8.1.3 on Fedora Core 4, ~15g database. Is there any way do dump my data and/or fix it ? I do have a
backup,and this is probably a problem w/ my hdd/memory, but still it'd be interesting to know which options do I have
insuch situation.

--
Best Regards,
Igor Shevchenko

Re: panic during pgsql startup

Дата:
igor@carcass.ath.cx writes:
> I can't start postgresql. I'm getting:
> PANIC:  failed to re-find parent key in "17497"
> in serverlog.

Is this happening during WAL replay?  If so, you could probably get
the database to start by doing pg_resetxlog.  No guarantees about how
consistent your data will be afterwards :-( ... but with a little luck
you'll be able to run pg_dump and compare with your backup.  I'd
definitely recommend an initdb and reload after you get a dump that
seems sane.

            regards, tom lane