Обсуждение: posgresql server connection

posgresql server connection

От
"Mongi LASSOUED"
Дата:
Hello
I have the postgresql installed on Fedora Core 4. I have set
tcpip_socket=true
in posgresql.conf file and specified the host ip adress in pg_hba.conf file.
When i start the postmaster i have this error:
FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "tcpip_socket"
can you help me??!!
thanks and regards

Re: posgresql server connection

Дата:
"Mongi LASSOUED" <mongilas@hotmail.com> writes:
> I have the postgresql installed on Fedora Core 4. I have set
> tcpip_socket=true
> in posgresql.conf file and specified the host ip adress in pg_hba.conf file.
> When i start the postmaster i have this error:
> FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "tcpip_socket"

As of PG 8.0, tcpip_socket has been replaced with a more general
parameter, listen_addresses.  Please see the documentation for the
version of Postgres you are using.

            regards, tom lane

Re: posgresql server connection

От
Jan de Visser
Дата:
On Thursday 09 March 2006 11:31, Mongi LASSOUED wrote:
> Hello
> I have the postgresql installed on Fedora Core 4. I have set
> tcpip_socket=true
> in posgresql.conf file and specified the host ip adress in pg_hba.conf
> file. When i start the postmaster i have this error:
> FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "tcpip_socket"
> can you help me??!!
> thanks and regards

FC4 comes with pgsql 8.0. AFAIK tcpip_socket is 7.x. On 8.x you set
listen_addresses to the interface you want to listen on or '*' for all.

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!