Обсуждение: pg_dump error - filesystem full

pg_dump error - filesystem full

От
Poul Møller Hansen
/tmp: write failed, filesystem is full
pg_dump: [tar archiver] could not write to tar member (wrote 0,
attempted 101)

Is there a way to make pg_dump use /var/tmp as a temporary filespace
instead ?

Thanks, Poul

Re: pg_dump error - filesystem full

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Dienstag, 7. März 2006 11:13 schrieb Poul Møller Hansen:
> Is there a way to make pg_dump use /var/tmp as a temporary filespace
> instead ?

Try export TMPDIR=/var/tmp.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: pg_dump error - filesystem full

Дата:
> Am Dienstag, 7. M�rz 2006 11:13 schrieb Poul M�ller Hansen:
>> Is there a way to make pg_dump use /var/tmp as a temporary filespace
>> instead ?

> Try export TMPDIR=/var/tmp.

Also, unless you have a really good reason to be using -Ft dump format,
I'd recommend -Fc format instead.  It's better tested and doesn't suffer
from various limitations of the tar format, notably the need for a temp
file.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_dump error - filesystem full

От
Poul Møller Hansen
Дата:
>> Try export TMPDIR=/var/tmp.
>>

> Also, unless you have a really good reason to be using -Ft dump format,
> I'd recommend -Fc format instead.  It's better tested and doesn't suffer
> from various limitations of the tar format, notably the need for a temp
> file.

Thanks,  it takes much longer time, but the filesize is only 1/5 of the
tar size, so it's ok.
Also great with the TMPDIR hadn't thought about that.

Poul

Re: pg_dump error - filesystem full

Дата:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Poul_M=F8ller_Hansen?= <freebsd@pbnet.dk> writes:
>> Also, unless you have a really good reason to be using -Ft dump format,
>> I'd recommend -Fc format instead.

> Thanks,  it takes much longer time, but the filesize is only 1/5 of the
> tar size, so it's ok.

If you're more concerned about time than space, I think you can turn off
the compression that -Fc format uses by default.

            regards, tom lane