Обсуждение: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in pgsql

what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in pgsql

От
rama krishna
Дата:
1)I need to insert the files in database .So what i have to give the
data type for that field while creating the table.

  And how to insert  and select the file from the database.

 2)I need to perform some action in database before it shutting down
or before booting of my server.What to do for this situation

Re: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in pgsql

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
rama krishna wrote:
> 1)I need to insert the files in database .So what i have to give the
> data type for that field while creating the table.

bytea -- Look into the documentation for encoding and other handling
issues.

>  2)I need to perform some action in database before it shutting down
> or before booting of my server.What to do for this situation

Such a thing doesn't exist in PostgreSQL.  You may be able to do this
with an external tool, but offhand I can't imagine how.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in pgsql

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:58:27AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> rama krishna wrote:
> >  2)I need to perform some action in database before it shutting down
> > or before booting of my server.What to do for this situation
>
> Such a thing doesn't exist in PostgreSQL.  You may be able to do this
> with an external tool, but offhand I can't imagine how.

A command (psql or otherwise) in PostgreSQL's startup/shutdown
script might work if that script is run at the required times
(automatically during boot and shutdown and manually whenever you
start and stop the database yourself).

--
Michael Fuhr