Обсуждение: Sequence Manipulation Functions

Sequence Manipulation Functions

От
"MG"
Дата:
Hello,

I use PostgreSQL 8.0.3.

I want to get the information of the last value of a sequence.

The function 'currval' only gives the value back, if before a nextval is executed.

Return the value most recently obtained by nextval for this sequence in the current session. (An error is reported if nextval has never been called for this sequence in this session.) Notice that because this is returning a session-local value, it gives a predictable answer whether or not other sessions have executed nextval since the current session did.

But that is not very helpful.

I noticed that the phpPgAdmin has that information

NameLast valueIncrement byMax valueMin valueCache valueLog countIs cycled?Is called?
adr_dsnr108192233720368547758071125NoYes

So how can I get that information?

Thanks

Michaela

Re: Sequence Manipulation Functions

От
John Sidney-Woollett
Дата:
Select last_value from your_sequence_name;

John

MG wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use PostgreSQL 8.0.3.
>
> I want to get the information of the last value of a sequence.
>
> The function 'currval' only gives the value back, if before a nextval is executed.
> Return the value most recently obtained by nextval for this sequence in the current session. (An error is reported if
nextvalhas never been called for this sequence in this session.) Notice that because this is returning a session-local
value,it gives a predictable answer whether or not other sessions have executed nextval since the current session did.

> But that is not very helpful.
>
> I noticed that the phpPgAdmin has that information
>
>       Name Last value Increment by Max value Min value Cache value Log count Is cycled? Is called?
>       adr_dsnr 108 1 9223372036854775807 1 1 25 No Yes
>

> So how can I get that information?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michaela

Re: Sequence Manipulation Functions

От
Tino Wildenhain
MG schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I use PostgreSQL 8.0.3.
>
> I want to get the information of the last value of a sequence.
>
> The function 'currval' only gives the value back, if before a nextval is
> executed.
>
> /Return the value most recently obtained by |nextval| for this sequence
> in the current session. (An error is reported if |nextval| has never
> been called for this sequence in this session.) Notice that because this
> is returning a session-local value, it gives a predictable answer
> whether or not other sessions have executed |nextval| since the current
> session did./
>
> But that is not very helpful.
>
> I noticed that the phpPgAdmin has that information
>
> Name     Last value     Increment by     Max value     Min value     Cache value     Log
> count     Is cycled?     Is called?
> adr_dsnr     108     1     9223372036854775807     1     1     25     No     Yes
>
> So how can I get that information?

SELECT * FROM adr_dsnr;

Otoh, for what do you need this information?

Regards
Tino

Re: Sequence Manipulation Functions

От
Volkan YAZICI
Дата:
On Jan 10 03:56, MG wrote:
> I noticed that the phpPgAdmin has that information
>
>       Name Last value Increment by Max value Min value Cache value Log count Is cycled? Is called?
>       adr_dsnr 108 1 9223372036854775807 1 1 25 No Yes

test=# \d roomsold_main_id_seq
Sequence "public.roomsold_main_id_seq"
    Column     |  Type
---------------+---------
 sequence_name | name
 last_value    | bigint
 increment_by  | bigint
 max_value     | bigint
 min_value     | bigint
 cache_value   | bigint
 log_cnt       | bigint
 is_cycled     | boolean
 is_called     | boolean

test=# \x
Expanded display is on.
test=# SELECT sequence_name, last_value, increment_by, max_value,
test-#        min_value, cache_value, log_cnt, is_cycled, is_called
test-# FROM roomsold_main_id_seq;
-[ RECORD 1 ]-+---------------------
sequence_name | roomsold_main_id_seq
last_value    | 1