Обсуждение: pg_restore errors

pg_restore errors

От
Scott Frankel
Дата:
After upgrading from postgres 7.x.x to 8.1.0, my database restore
produces the following error msgs.  The database is quite pedestrian:
a dozen or so tables, couple of triggers, some comments, &c.  Note
that even though I get the following errors, a '\dt+' returns the
comment strings.  Are the errors ignorable?  Should I be concerned?

Thanks again!
Scott

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3; 0 2200 COMMENT
SCHEMA public postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be
owner of schema public
     Command was: COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges could be revoked
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges were granted
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

MacOSX v10.4.2
PostgreSQL v8.1.0

The dump was created using the following cmd-line:

     pg_dump -Ft -b -v dbname  > dumpname.tar

Re: pg_restore errors

Дата:
Scott Frankel <leknarf@pacbell.net> writes:
> After upgrading from postgres 7.x.x to 8.1.0, my database restore
> produces the following error msgs.

> SCHEMA public postgres
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be
> owner of schema public
>      Command was: COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
> pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges could be revoked
> pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges were granted

Apparently you're not running the restore as a database superuser?

Those particular messages can be ignored, since public presumably exists
(and is commented) already.  If you see any others then you might want
to worry.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_restore errors

От
Scott Frankel
Дата:
Voila, 2.  Executed as superuser and, yes, no errors.

Thanks again!
Scott