Обсуждение: How to install Slony in windows

How to install Slony in windows

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
Postgres 8.1 PgAdmin help in slony windows says:

"In case you're installing a PostgreSQL 8.1 server on Win32, the windows
installer routine can do this for you if you select the "Slony-I"
installation option. "

How I can select Slony-I installation option ?
I havent seen such thing during 8.1 installation.

Andrus.

Re: How to install Slony in windows

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> Postgres 8.1 PgAdmin help in slony windows says:
>
> "In case you're installing a PostgreSQL 8.1 server on Win32,
> the windows installer routine can do this for you if you
> select the "Slony-I"
> installation option. "
>
> How I can select Slony-I installation option ?
> I havent seen such thing during 8.1 installation.

That's most definitly a pgadmin documentation bug. Slony-I for win32 is
not yet released, and definitly not included in the 8.1 installer.
Sorry to dissapoint.

//Magnus

Re: How to install Slony in windows

От
Vivek Khera
Дата:
On Nov 10, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Andrus wrote:

> How I can select Slony-I installation option ?
> I havent seen such thing during 8.1 installation.

also, as it stands today, slony-I doesn't support 8.1 at all due to
some internal changes.  it is obviously a high priority to remedy
this situation.