Обсуждение: How to obtain the code af a function ?

How to obtain the code af a function ?

От
"ctobini"
Дата:
Hello,

I would like to know how to liste the contain of a fonction.

Writing \df in psql, I have a list of functions and triggers, but and
don't know how to obtain the code of those functions.

Thanks.

C. Tobini

Re: How to obtain the code af a function ?

От
Csaba Nagy
Дата:
Use \df+ instead of \df
The additional "+" will give more details in many of the \ commands.

Cheers,
Csaba.

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 14:40, ctobini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how to liste the contain of a fonction.
>
> Writing \df in psql, I have a list of functions and triggers, but and
> don't know how to obtain the code of those functions.
>
> Thanks.
>
> C. Tobini

Re: How to obtain the code af a function ?

От
Richard Huxton
ctobini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how to liste the contain of a fonction.
>
> Writing \df in psql, I have a list of functions and triggers, but and
> don't know how to obtain the code of those functions.

Start psql with -E and you'll see how all the backslash \d? commands work.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: How to obtain the code af a function ?

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  09.11.2005, um  5:40:14 -0800 mailte ctobini folgendes:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how to liste the contain of a fonction.

You can find this in information_schema.routines.

> Writing \df in psql, I have a list of functions and triggers, but and
> don't know how to obtain the code of those functions.

Type \df+ <your_function>. Hint: switch with \x

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639