Обсуждение: About transform SQL grammar from postgresql 8.0 to mysql 3.0

About transform SQL grammar from postgresql 8.0 to mysql 3.0

От
Emi Lu
Дата:
Hello,

I know there is a script in perl can transform all sql commands in mysql
into the queries supported by postgreSQL.

Since we have not finished moving all data from mysql into postgresql,
we need dump around 60 tables from postgresql 8.0 to mysql 3.0 on a
daily basis.

So, I am looking for some existing scripts that can change postgresql
SQL grammar (E.g., filtering "set search_path") into the ones supported
by mysql 3.0?

Thanks a lot!
Emi

Re: About transform SQL grammar from postgresql 8.0 to

От
Sean Davis
Дата:
On 10/11/05 11:34 AM, "Emi Lu" <emilu@cs.concordia.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know there is a script in perl can transform all sql commands in mysql
> into the queries supported by postgreSQL.
>
> Since we have not finished moving all data from mysql into postgresql,
> we need dump around 60 tables from postgresql 8.0 to mysql 3.0 on a
> daily basis.
>
> So, I am looking for some existing scripts that can change postgresql
> SQL grammar (E.g., filtering "set search_path") into the ones supported
> by mysql 3.0?

Look at SQL::Translator.  However, MANY, MANY features from postgres 8.0
will not be available on mysql 3 (really?).  So, I think you may have to do
a bit of editing to make it work correctly, in any case.  If this is a
one-time thing, do it by hand.  If doing on a regular basis, you might need
to script things a bit.

Sean