Обсуждение: Can't change language through LC_MESSAGES

Can't change language through LC_MESSAGES

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Hello all,

I'm trying to change the server messages back to english (initdb created
'German_Germany.1251' because I'm running a German Windows) by setting
the lc_messages property to 'C'. But the messages from e.g. pgsql or
pg_ctl still show up in German. I reloaded the config and I restarted
the PG service but to no avail. I also tried 'English' and 'POSIX' but
none of them changed the messages language.

I have now simply removed the locale subdirectory in $PGHOME/share and
that worked, but this doesn't feel right :)

What am I missing here?

Best regards
Thomas

Re: Can't change language through LC_MESSAGES

Дата:
Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> writes:
> I'm trying to change the server messages back to english (initdb created
> 'German_Germany.1251' because I'm running a German Windows) by setting
> the lc_messages property to 'C'. But the messages from e.g. pgsql or
> pg_ctl still show up in German.

What PG version is that, and on exactly what version of Windows?  There
are some ugly Windows-specific kluges in pg_locale.c ... maybe your copy
doesn't have them, or the code still doesn't work on your Windows
version.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Can't change language through LC_MESSAGES

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Dienstag, 27. September 2005 00:44 schrieb Thomas Kellerer:
> I'm trying to change the server messages back to english (initdb created
> 'German_Germany.1251' because I'm running a German Windows) by setting
> the lc_messages property to 'C'. But the messages from e.g. pgsql or
> pg_ctl still show up in German.

The server configuration only affects the server.  The other programs take the
language from the environment.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Can't change language through LC_MESSAGES

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Tom Lane wrote on 27.09.2005 03:19:
> Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> writes:
>
>>I'm trying to change the server messages back to english (initdb created
>>'German_Germany.1251' because I'm running a German Windows) by setting
>>the lc_messages property to 'C'. But the messages from e.g. pgsql or
>>pg_ctl still show up in German.
>

> What PG version is that, and on exactly what version of Windows?  There
> are some ugly Windows-specific kluges in pg_locale.c ... maybe your copy
> doesn't have them, or the code still doesn't work on your Windows
> version.

Sorry for not posting that right away.
It's PG 8.0.3 and Windows 2000 (German)

Regards