Обсуждение: Re: Need for java based web admin tool

Re: Need for java based web admin tool

От
Hannes Dorbath
Дата:
On 22.09.2005 20:41, Jobu wrote:
> Is there a java based web admin or is it just a dream and there is no java analog for phpPgAdmin?

There is none to my knowledge. Java client side frontends such as Aqua
Data Studio (http://www.aquafold.com/) exist..

> ..which runs in Java Application Server (Tomcat).

So if you have Apache running anyway, why not load up mod_php, drop
phpPgAdmin in a dir and be happy? Does it necessarily have to be
webbased? IMHO it's a pain to administrate a DBMS over a webfront.

If it just needs to work over HTTP, there are frontends that can tunnel
over a HTTP connection. EMS Postgres Manager is one of them and the lite
versions are free.

http://www.sqlmanager.net

Hannes Dorbath

Re: Need for java based web admin tool

От
Hannes Dorbath
Дата:
> I would like to install to client machine only Tomcat (You can't use php in Tomcat).

I might be wrong, but isn't it a common setup to have an apache running
in front of tomcat and having apache passing all JSP requests to tomcat ?

> And I would like to leave postgres ports closed, so HTTP tunneling is not a good solution...

That's what EMS PGM's HTTP tunneling is all about. You put a PHP proxy
script on your server, it uses Unix sockets to connect to the local PG
server and the EMS frontend calls that script over HTTP -- and it works
very well.

> But EMS Postgres Manager seams to be a nice tool, so thanks anyway.

IMHO the best win32 frontend out there.

Hannes Dorbath

Re: Need for java based web admin tool

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
> If it just needs to work over HTTP, there are frontends that can tunnel
> over a HTTP connection. EMS Postgres Manager is one of them and the lite
> versions are free.
>
> http://www.sqlmanager.net

Hannes,

How to edit the table data with free version ( addd, delete, filter rows)?

pgAdmin allows to edit data in table form but I havent found any such
possibility in SQL Manager.

Andrus.