Обсуждение: query profiling

query profiling

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
I'm aware of log_statement_stats, but as far as profiling goes, it's a
bit crude.

Is there an easier way to determine, for example, all the queries that
take longer than 0.5 seconds? I'd like to do this on a production
system, so I'd like to avoid anything that would crush performance or
cause any kind of downtime.

I could probably make log_statement_stats work, I'm just looking for an
easier way.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Re: query profiling

От
Steve Atkins
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:39:14PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:

> I'm aware of log_statement_stats, but as far as profiling goes, it's a
> bit crude.
>
> Is there an easier way to determine, for example, all the queries that
> take longer than 0.5 seconds? I'd like to do this on a production
> system, so I'd like to avoid anything that would crush performance or
> cause any kind of downtime.
>
> I could probably make log_statement_stats work, I'm just looking for an
> easier way.

log_min_duration_statement may be what you're looking for.

Cheers,
  Steve

Re: query profiling

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
Steve Atkins wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:39:14PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
>

>>I'm aware of log_statement_stats, but as far as profiling goes, it's a
>>bit crude.
>>
>>Is there an easier way to determine, for example, all the queries that
>>take longer than 0.5 seconds? I'd like to do this on a production
>>system, so I'd like to avoid anything that would crush performance or
>>cause any kind of downtime.
>>
>>I could probably make log_statement_stats work, I'm just looking for an
>>easier way.
>

> log_min_duration_statement may be what you're looking for.

Thanks, I think that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll try it out.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis