Обсуждение: Start up script for Fedora Core 3

Start up script for Fedora Core 3

От
"Chris Guo"

Dear all,

We are using Fedora Core 3 in our company, and we installed postgresql 8.0.3 as the database system. I wonder if anybody has the start up script for this version so we can start postgresql service automatically after we reboot the server.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Chris

Re: Start up script for Fedora Core 3

От
Dianne Yumul
Дата:
Hello,

We have Fedora Core 4, but I'm pretty sure it's the same. To start the
service we use

/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start

Now if you want postgresql to start automatically on boot you do:

chkconfig postgresql on

Read the man pages for chkconfig for more details.

Hope this helps.

On Aug 24, 2005, at 11:31 AM, Chris Guo wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are using Fedora Core 3 in our company, and we installed postgresql
> 8.0.3 as the database system. I wonder if anybody has the start up
> script for this version so we can start postgresql service
> automatically after we reboot the server.
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Chris

Re: Start up script for Fedora Core 3

Дата:
"Chris Guo" <cguo@at-sd.com> writes:
> We are using Fedora Core 3 in our company, and we installed postgresql =
> 8.0.3
> as the database system. I wonder if anybody has the start up script for =
> this
> version so we can start postgresql service automatically after we reboot =
> the
> server.

If you install the RPM distribution of Postgres (which is the way I'd
recommend, on RPM-based platforms), it comes with a suitable init
script.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Start up script for Fedora Core 3

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Chris Guo wrote:

> -->
>
> Dear all,
>

> We are using Fedora Core 3 in our company, and we installed postgresql
> 8.0.3 as the database system. I wonder if anybody has the start up
> script for this version so we can start postgresql service
> automatically after we reboot the server.

If you installed it from rpm then the startup script should already be
there. If you install it from src look
in postgresql-8.0.3/contrib/start-scripts

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>

> Chris

Re: Start up script for Fedora Core 3

От
Alexandre Barros
Chris Guo wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> We are using Fedora Core 3 in our company, and we installed postgresql
> 8.0.3 as the database system. I wonder if anybody has the start up
> script for this version so we can start postgresql service
> automatically after we reboot the server.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>

> Chris

personally i use something like this on my rc.local:

rm -f /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/postmaster.pid
sudo -u pgsql /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/bin/pg_ctl -o -i -D
/opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/ -l /opt/pgsql-8.0.3/dbdata/logfile start

does the job, but i'm not sure i'd recommend it... ;)

best regards.

Re: Start up script for Fedora Core 3

От
"Chris Guo"