Обсуждение: new Perl Server-Side Language in 8.0

new Perl Server-Side Language in 8.0

От
"Brandon Metcalf"
Дата:
I'm looking for details on the new Perl server-side language
introduced in 8.0.  Specifically, I'm looking for changes between 7.4
and 8.0 and if there are any backward compatibility issues.

I checked the website and docs, but didn't find anything.

Thanks.

--
Brandon

Re: new Perl Server-Side Language in 8.0

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 12:51:29PM -0500, Brandon Metcalf wrote:
> I'm looking for details on the new Perl server-side language
> introduced in 8.0.  Specifically, I'm looking for changes between 7.4
> and 8.0 and if there are any backward compatibility issues.
>
> I checked the website and docs, but didn't find anything.

The 8.0 Release Notes mention PL/Perl, although probably not in as
much detail as you'd like:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/release-8-0.html

"A new version of the plperl server-side language now supports a
persistent shared storage area, triggers, returning records and
arrays of records, and SPI calls to access the database."

For details you might need to look through the pgsql-hackers and
pgsql-committers archives.

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: new Perl Server-Side Language in 8.0

От
"Brandon Metcalf"
Дата: