Обсуждение: regarding isolation between threads

regarding isolation between threads

От
"Surabhi Ahuja "
Дата:
This is in continuation of my previous mail:
each thread is using a different pgconn.

thanks again
Surabhi Ahuja

Dear All,

I am stuck in the following scenario:
In a dual processor machine, I am running 5 threads.
each of the threads is calling a particular stored procedure to insert a row in the table.

the insertion takes place in a transaction and i have set the transaction level to serializable.

However it seems that the insertion is not taking place properly because of the threads.

isnt the isolation mainiatined in case of threads?
what is it that I can possibly do to provide isolation amongst threads

Please tell, in case I should provide more info in regard to this scenario?

Thank You in advance
Regards
Surabhi Ahuja

Re: regarding isolation between threads

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 03:17:53PM +0530, Surabhi Ahuja  wrote:
> This is in continuation of my previous mail:
> each thread is using a different pgconn.

<snip>

> Please tell, in case I should provide more info in regard to this scenario?

Yes. I've no idea what your problem might be, and I'm probably not the
only one. At least an error message or example of what's going wrong. A
complete example would be best.

Have a nice day,