Обсуждение: Insert ImageFile in PostgreSQL

Insert ImageFile in PostgreSQL

От
johan giant
Дата:
Please help me!!!
Howto insert images file from Visual basic 6 into postgreSQL database server

For information :
my database server : Fedora Core 2
my client : Win XP Pro SP #2 with visual basic 6.

thanks be4.

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile

Re: Insert ImageFile in PostgreSQL

От
Oluwatope Akinniyi
Дата:
Johan,

Try the link below for  a sample project clip which you should customise
for PostgreSQL. If you need further assistance feel free to contact me.

http://www.shepherdhill.biz/downloads/image.zip

Cheers.

Tope Akinniyi
CEO
ShepherdHill Software
Lagos, Nigeria

Re: Insert ImageFile in PostgreSQL

От
"silasju@gmail.com"
Дата:
I'm sorry, but I know only the basics about DBMs, but I think is not
possible to put a image file INSIDE a database. You can put in a
database the path of the file...

(Maybe I'm wrong...)

See ya!

Re: Insert ImageFile in PostgreSQL

От
Tino Wildenhain
Дата:
Am Dienstag, den 02.08.2005, 08:52 -0700 schrieb silasju@gmail.com:
> I'm sorry, but I know only the basics about DBMs, but I think is not
> possible to put a image file INSIDE a database. You can put in a
> database the path of the file...
>
> (Maybe I'm wrong...)

sorry to say that, but indeed you are ;)
Postgres has 2 ways to accomplish this:

one is to use large objects (lo) which is
a bit painfull with the interface and w/
backups.

the other is just to store the file data
in a bytea field, which is limited in
size (1GB) and requires you to fetch the
complete file data at once.

--
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>

Re: Insert ImageFile in PostgreSQL

От
Reid Thompson
Дата:
silasju@gmail.com wrote:

>I'm sorry, but I know only the basics about DBMs, but I think is not
>possible to put a image file INSIDE a database. You can put in a
>database the path of the file...
>
>(Maybe I'm wrong...)
>
>See ya!

See the postgresql org docs for the bytea datatype.