Обсуждение: pgmonitor

pgmonitor

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
What happend with pgmonitor?

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA
Centro de Telemática    |     Administrador
               Universidad Nacional
                    del Litoral

Re: pgmonitor

От
"YL"
Дата:
i want to list non-system tables with psql and get the following error. any
alternatives? Thanks.

EPost-# \dt
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xed

my database used UNICODE as the encoding. and the OS is win2k pro wich
simplified chinese
as default language.

Re: unicode error on win32 Was: Re: pgmonitor

От
Tino Wildenhain
Дата:
Am Montag, den 01.08.2005, 16:19 -0600 schrieb YL:
> i want to list non-system tables with psql and get the following error. any
> alternatives? Thanks.
>
> EPost-# \dt
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xed
>
> my database used UNICODE as the encoding. and the OS is win2k pro wich
> simplified chinese
> as default language.

Dont steal threads by just answering to an unrelated e-mail
from the list!

To your question: afaic the win32 port currently has some issues
with the right support of unicode. You may check your documentation.
Do you think its a good idea to actually name objects in the database
in a foreign encoding? I'd stick to english language names here because
it makes chatting about problems/hints much more easy on mailinglists.

--
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>

Re: pgmonitor

От
stefan@net-tex.de
Дата:
> i want to list non-system tables with psql and get the following error.
any
> alternatives? Thanks.
>
> EPost-# \dt
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xed
>
> my database used UNICODE as the encoding. and the OS is win2k pro wich
> simplified chinese
> as default language.

There is a character (0xED) that doesn't seem to be Unicode compliant.
Maybe you have a tablename that uses another encoding or is simply fscked
up.

I had those problems with some German character, after switching to UTF8
encoding. I solved it with a pg_dump of the DB that I converted with iconv
to UTF and restored it into the cluster. I have no idea if iconv exists
for Microsoft OSes, but there should be alternatives to convert encoding
to UTF.

Re: unicode error on win32 Was: Re: pgmonitor

От
Josef Springer
Дата:
I use a database with UNIBASE encoding too. Writing strings in unicode with german vovels does not work. We access the database via the ODBC driver.

What kind of documentation do you mean with You may check your documentation ?

Best regards,
Josef Springer

Tino Wildenhain wrote:
i want to list non-system tables with psql and get the following error. any
alternatives? Thanks.

EPost-# \dt
ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xed

my database used UNICODE as the encoding. and the OS is win2k pro wich
simplified chinese
as default language.

Dont steal threads by just answering to an unrelated e-mail
from the list!

To your question: afaic the win32 port currently has some issues
with the right support of unicode. You may check your documentation.
Do you think its a good idea to actually name objects in the database
in a foreign encoding? I'd stick to english language names here because
it makes chatting about problems/hints much more easy on mailinglists.

--

mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Josef Springer

 -- the software company --

Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn

Tel.++49(0)89 600 6920
Fax++49(0)89 600 69220
mailtoJosef.Springer@joops.com
Websitehttp://www.joops.com

Вложения

Re: pgmonitor

Дата:
Mart�n Marqu�s wrote:
> What happend with pgmonitor?

Uh, it is at:

    http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgmonitor/projdisplay.php

Re: pgmonitor

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
El Lun 08 Ago 2005 18:29, Bruce Momjian escribió:
> Martín Marqués wrote:
> > What happend with pgmonitor?
>
> Uh, it is at:
>
>     http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgmonitor/projdisplay.php

Yes, I know, but it looks like unsupported, and with the last Debian update
from 7.4 to 8.0 it got uninstalled. Could it be because of the drop of Tk
support?