Обсуждение: Is there something like Mssql GUID in PostgreSql database

Is there something like Mssql GUID in PostgreSql database

От
Dragan Matic
Дата:
We are currently migrating a database from Ms Sql server to PostgreSQL.
So far replication was done using GUID (global unique identifier) fields
which is MS extension. I am wondering if something similar exists in
PostgreSQL?

Tnx in advance

Dragan

Re: Is there something like Mssql GUID in PostgreSql

От
Sean Davis
Дата:
We are currently migrating a database from Ms Sql server to PostgreSQL.
So far replication was done using GUID (global unique identifier) fields
which is MS extension. I am wondering if something similar exists in
PostgreSQL?

Tnx in advance

Dragan

There is a search function for the list here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/

Searching for “GUID” brings up a fairly extensive discussion (in just the past 2-3 days):

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-07/msg01074.php

Hope this helps....

Sean