Обсуждение: About Tools at the DB design phase.

About Tools at the DB design phase.

От
Ying Lu
Дата:
Greetings,

I am at the design phase of the DB design. That is, I'd like to design
tables and relationships between them, but not the real implement of
tables. Could somebody suggest some good and free tools to help/ease
design the structures please?

Thanks a lot!
Emi

Re: About Tools at the DB design phase.

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# ying_lu@cs.concordia.ca / 2005-07-27 10:05:43 -0400:
> Greetings,
>
> I am at the design phase of the DB design. That is, I'd like to design
> tables and relationships between them, but not the real implement of
> tables. Could somebody suggest some good and free tools to help/ease
> design the structures please?

    They're not exactly free, but a pen and a hardback notebook (A4)
    have proven to be the best tools over the time.

    YMMV.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Re: About Tools at the DB design phase.

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
Zeos Database Designer is OK.

http://www.zeoslib.net

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/lightning_admin.php
Home of PG Lightning Admin (PGLA) for Postgresql 8.x

Ying Lu wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am at the design phase of the DB design. That is, I'd like to design
> tables and relationships between them, but not the real implement of
> tables. Could somebody suggest some good and free tools to help/ease
> design the structures please?

Re: About Tools at the DB design phase.

От
Ben
Дата:
Heh, I have to concur with this comment. Though I always found the US
letter format to be more standards compliant, myself.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Roman Neuhauser wrote:

> # ying_lu@cs.concordia.ca / 2005-07-27 10:05:43 -0400:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am at the design phase of the DB design. That is, I'd like to design
> > tables and relationships between them, but not the real implement of
> > tables. Could somebody suggest some good and free tools to help/ease
> > design the structures please?
>
>     They're not exactly free, but a pen and a hardback notebook (A4)
>     have proven to be the best tools over the time.
>
>     YMMV.

Re: About Tools at the DB design phase.

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# bench@silentmedia.com / 2005-07-27 10:13:10 -0700:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > # ying_lu@cs.concordia.ca / 2005-07-27 10:05:43 -0400:
> > > I am at the design phase of the DB design. That is, I'd like to design
> > > tables and relationships between them, but not the real implement of
> > > tables. Could somebody suggest some good and free tools to help/ease
> > > design the structures please?
> >
> >     They're not exactly free, but a pen and a hardback notebook (A4)
> >     have proven to be the best tools over the time.
> >
> >     YMMV.
>
> Heh, I have to concur with this comment. Though I always found the US
> letter format to be more standards compliant, myself.

    This is the Central Europe, sir. You either play by the continental
    standards or we send you back home. ;)

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.