Обсуждение: Custom DateStyle

Custom DateStyle

От
Amir Tahvildaran
Дата:
Is it possible to add a custom datestyle?

I am migrating from sybase to postgres and the datetime/timestamp
formats are different, some of the existing code depends on that
format.  I thought the easiest way would be to use a custom datestyle,
but I couldn't find out how to add one (if thats possible).  Does anyone
have any better ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Amir

Re: Custom DateStyle

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 11:51:55 -0400,
  Amir Tahvildaran <amir@mathforum.org> wrote:
> Is it possible to add a custom datestyle?
>
> I am migrating from sybase to postgres and the datetime/timestamp
> formats are different, some of the existing code depends on that
> format.  I thought the easiest way would be to use a custom datestyle,
> but I couldn't find out how to add one (if thats possible).  Does anyone
> have any better ideas?

You can use to_char to convert dates to strings in custom formats.
That may do what you want.