Обсуждение: trigger update delete

trigger update delete

От
"Sim Zacks"
Дата:
I am trying to write a trigger function that will do something when either a
row had been deleted or a field has been updated to null.

The problem I am having is determining in the function if this is a delete
or not. I would like to say:
if this is delete trigger or new.field1 is null then
end if

new.field1 dies when it is a delete trigger, as it is supposed to. But I
need the function to know the difference.

Any thoughts?

Re: trigger update delete - found it

От
"Sim Zacks"
Дата:
I found the TG_OP variable which tels me which operation is currently being
done.